Dota 2

   

Release Date: Jul 9, 2013
Summary: 

Dota 2 features the characters and factions from the original Defense of the Ancients title with new features.






Excellent game, with much more sophisticated mechanics than LoL. It is very unforgiving and requires lots of effort to master it sufficiently enough to know what needs to be done (doing it is even harder). Dota 2 is so good, that I will focus on negatives Unfortunately there are some and three of them I consider major issue. First match making I think it has improved, but it is still source of annoyance
Second no single player ladder
Third lots of misbehaving players (I have to confess, that I do use offensive language sometimes too)


Despite that shortcomings Dota 2 offers intensive and diverse experience. After several months of playing it I still enjoy it (not as much as at the beginning but still enough to play it very often).
I strongly recommend it.

Ps. One more remark.

I rate Valve business model higher than Riot's all meaningful content is free. You pay only for visuals (or access to transmissions from tournaments). In LoL you are encouraged to spend usually new champions are stronger than existing plus limited choice of champions affects your game-play. This is very discouraging.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
@DHEN